Become a BoxingYoga™ COach
BoxingYoga™ Online Teacher Training enables anyone, anywhere to train and become a fully qualified BoxingYoga™ Coach.
Drawing from the experience of delivering physical BoxingYoga™ courses since 2012, all new BoxingYoga™ Online Teacher Training is the most cost-effective way to becoming a BoxingYoga™ Coach, wherever you are in the world.
Whatever your boxing or yoga experience, with BoxingYoga™ Online Teacher Training you study at your own pace, on any device. And, when you're ready to qualify, your BoxingYoga™ knowledge and skills are assessed by a real life BoxingYoga™ Assessor.
TWO EASY PAYMENT OPTIONS
Whether you want to add to your teaching skills, master a new discipline or make a career change, BoxingYoga™ Online Teacher Training guides you through hours of video tutorials, hundreds of detailed images, comprehensive theory files, breakdowns of each posture, round and stage and much more, all for two easy, low payment options.
We use PayPal for secure payments in your local currency - calculated at the point of purchase. You do not need a PayPal account.
Study Anywhere. Teach Everywhere.
BoxingYoga™ Online Teacher Training includes everything you need to become a fully qualified BoxingYoga™ Coach, certified to teach at yoga studios, boxing clubs, fitness gyms, health centres, sporting institutions and private venues, anywhere in the world.
A Little Help From Your Friends
When you're enrolled you will receive your invitation to join the private BoxingYoga™ Coaches Support group on Facebook.
Available throughout the course and beyond, the group is a great way to meet the BoxingYoga™ community from all over the world to ask questions, make friends and get support from coaches, head coaches and fellow trainees everywhere from London to Los Angeles.
The BoxingYoga™ EDUCATION DEPT.
The huge amount of study material created to support your learning is organised in a secure online environment we call the BoxingYoga™ Education Dept.
As a BoxingYoga™ Coach-in-Training you get exclusive access before, during and after the course, so you can:
- Learn the BoxingYoga™ class structure, transitions and individual postures with anatomical illustrations descriptions and modifications
- Learn how BoxingYoga™ complements the boxer's training regime and how it provides boxers and athletes with competitive advantage, contributes to improved technique, prevents injury and enhances performance
- Learn about BoxingYoga™ teaching methods, theory and philosophy
- Learn how BoxingYoga™ distinguishes itself as an alternative form of yoga, and how it meets the needs of individual students with or without boxing or yoga experience
- Master the structure, timing and function of each stage of the BoxingYoga™ class
- Learn to cue and demonstrate physically and verbally
- Teach a safe and effective BoxingYoga™ class with cautions and modifications
- Instruct and motivate students from different backgrounds
- Cultivate good practice, maintain patience and a positive mental attitude
- Learn about group dynamics and the most effective teaching strategy, from managing different learning styles to providing appropriate feedback and encouragement
EXTENSIVE TRAINING PACKAGE
Accessible from any device, the wide range of training materials you will find in the BoxingYoga™ Education Dept. includes:
- The detailed BoxingYoga™ Teacher Training manual in downloadable and on-screen PDF format
- The entire BoxingYoga™ class broken down by stage, round and posture in an interactive click through format
- Hours of observational BoxingYoga™ class and coaching tutorial videos including adjustments and variations
- Detailed theory documents covering both boxing and BoxingYoga™ in downloadable and on-screen PDF format
- Insightful Coaching Practices and Coaching Philosophy documents in downloadable and on-screen PDF format
- Useful learning aids including a Personal Action Plan
- BoxingYoga™ Brand Guidelines and marketing advice
- BoxingYoga™ Career Path
- A recommended reading list
BOXING BASICS For Beginners
If you are completely new to boxing, or could use a refresher, the BoxingYoga™ Online Teacher Training course includes helpful boxing tutorial videos from BoxingYoga™ and Total Boxer founder, Matt Garcia.
Understanding the basics of boxing is a fun thing to do but also helps to appreciate the significance of BoxingYoga™, making you an even better BoxingYoga™ Coach.
Learn and practice the boxing basics with Matt, including;
- How to adopt a boxer's stance
- Using footwork in boxing
- The four punches, including the jab, cross, hook and uppercut
- Defensive work including parries, blocks, slips and rolls
- Putting it all together with combinations
YouR own private Online coach
As well as the considerable training materials and support included within the course, trainees have the option for additional private online training with a BoxingYoga™ Head Coach.
Private online training is useful if you find yourself stuck on any aspect of your training, if you require help in preparation for your assessment or simply to reaffirm your knowledge and skills.
You can ask questions about training, have your postures and transitions reviewed and even have technique demonstrated to you. You may also use the sessions to get advice on marketing, promotion and business development.
Wherever you are in the world, a real life BoxingYoga™ Head Coach is available for a small hourly fee to provide advice and support in most major world languages.
Assessment & Certification
In order to maintain the highest standards of quality and safety, the final stage of the course is to successfully complete and pass an online written exam and video assessment.
The answers to the exam are contained within the training materials and the criteria for the assessment are clearly explained from the beginning.
There is no time limit for sitting the online exam and sending your video assessment. Both are reviewed free of charge by an official BoxingYoga™ Assessor.
Whether you pass or fail your assessment, you will be provided with detailed feedback, which can be extremely useful, especially if you wish to submit another assessment video.
Once qualified, you will receive your certificate of qualification and be officially licensed to teach BoxingYoga™.
As the BoxingYoga™ Teacher Training course is fully endorsed by the Registrar of Exercise Professionals (REPs), if you have a Yoga Level 3 qualification you will receive 16 CPD points.
BoxingYoga™ Coaches ASSOCIATION
The BoxingYoga™ Coaches Association (BYCA) is an online and Head Office support system for BoxingYoga™ Coaches to make the most of their BoxingYoga™ careers.
Only qualified BoxingYoga™ Coaches are invited to join the BYCA and is recommended for excellent promotional support, exclusive teaching opportunities, progressing to BoxingYoga™ Head Coach and much more.
For a small monthly or annual fee, BYCA membership delivers a huge amount of essential business, marketing and promotional support, including:
- Regular promotion of your classes and events via official BoxingYoga™ channels including our website, newsletter and social media
- Priority invitation to receive BoxingYoga™ corporate and venue enquiries
- Priority invitation to teach at BoxingYoga™ partner venues
- Exclusive invitation to teach at BoxingYoga™ retreats and events
- Bonus training videos, including 15, 30 minute and advanced classes
- Recommended class music playlists
- Access to useful documents including training contracts and promotional forms
- License to use official BoxingYoga™ promotional imagery
- Opportunity to progress to BoxingYoga™ Assessor, Head Coach and Licensee
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
I have little or no yoga or boxing experience, can I take the course?
You do not need formal qualifications or training experience in boxing or yoga to take the BoxingYoga™ Teacher Training Course as it is designed to provide you with all the knowledge and practical support, so that you can learn to teach the class safely and effectively.
What are the prerequisites to taking the course?
There are no formal prerequisites to enroling in BoxingYoga™ Online Teacher Training. It would be helpful for you to have some experience of attending or teaching yoga or boxing, however the way the course is designed allows you to develop this experience as you go.
How long do I have access to the training materials?
You will have access to the BoxingYoga™ Education Dept. throughout your training and beyond, as you will find the materials an extremely useful reference resource even after you qualify.
Can I pay for the course in instalments?
Yes you can. BoxingYoga™ Online Teacher Training is the most cost-effective way to becoming a BoxingYoga™ Coach and offers two ways to pay. You can make 12 low monthly payments of just £39.95 or make one payment of £395 and save £80.
Do I need to pay an ongoing license fee to teach?
No you don't. Your license to teach BoxingYoga™ is included in the cost of the course. Having worked so hard for your qualification we believe you deserve the freedom to teach BoxingYoga™ without paying us ongoing fees.
Qualified BoxingYoga™ Coaches have the option to join the BoxingYoga™ Coaches Association (BYCA) which, for a small monthly or annual fee, provides a range of excellent promotional and marketing support, teaching opportunities, bonus training videos and much more.
Do I need to be registered with SkillsActive or REPs to take the course?
BoxingYoga™ Online Teacher Training is endorsed by SkillsActive and is REPs Accredited, awarding 16 CPD points if you have a Yoga Level 3 qualification. However, we do not require you to be registered with SkillsActive or REPs, or have a yoga or boxing qualification to take the course.
I have little or no business and marketing experience, can you help me once I qualify?
Absolutely. As part of your membership to the BoxingYoga™ Coaches Association we provide marketing support and business tools to help you succeed. You can also use the optional private training for guidance on a range of business and marketing topics, from the best use of social media, to whether you should offer free trial classes to prospective venues (hint - you should!).
Do you offer private online training?
Yes we do. Private online training is available to purchase when you are enrolled in the course and is useful if you find yourself stuck on any aspect of your training, if you require help in preparation for your assessment or simply to reaffirm your knowledge and skills.
Do you offer venue-based training?
Most of our training is delivered online, but we occasionally organise venue-based courses in London, Stockholm and Los Angeles. If you would like to notified of a venue-based course or if your venue is interested in hosting, complete the form below.
Do you offer BoxingYoga™ Liability Insurance?
We do not offer liability insurance ourselves, but as BoxingYoga™ is an accredited programme, insurance is available. If you are based in the UK or Europe we have negotiated special rates from an insurance partner. Details are available to all enrolled trainees.
Can I progress to become a BoxingYoga™ Head Coach?
Yes you can. Once you have successfully qualified as a BoxingYoga™ Coach we recommend at least 12 months of teaching experience before applying. All applications for Head Coach are considered on the basis of demonstrating the highest level of teaching ability, organisational skill and passion for growth.