BoxingYoga™ Teacher Training - Venue Courses
BoxingYoga™ Teacher Training is designed to give anyone the confidence and skills to become a successful BoxingYoga™ Coach.
Venue-based courses are available at locations in the UK, USA, Netherlands and India. Whether you choose venue-based, or the Online Course, BoxingYoga™ Teacher Training includes all the training, materials and support needed to become an international BoxingYoga™ Coach, certified to teach at yoga studios, boxing clubs, fitness gyms, health centres, yoga studios, sporting institutions and private venues, anywhere in the world.
It doesn't stop there. As an experienced BoxingYoga™ Coach you'll have the chance to progress to BoxingYoga™ Head Coach, and beyond, where you'll be able to deliver workshops, masterclasses and even Teacher Training courses for amazing experiences and earning opportunities.
Structured over approximately 100 hours, BoxingYoga™ Teacher Training is broken down as follows:
Independent Studies: 35 hours
Attending Classes & Home Workout Video practice: 20 hours
Practical Training Days: 40 hours
Assessment Preparation: 5 hours
Assessment: 3 hours
A Little Help From Your Friends
Once enrolled, every student is invited to join the exclusive BoxingYoga™ Coaches Support network on Facebook.
Available throughout the Course and beyond, the private group is a fun and effective way for students to meet with the BoxingYoga™ community from all over the world.
Time and again it has proved the perfect environment to ask questions, get help, advice and support from new and experienced BoxingYoga™ Coaches, Head Coaches and Venue partners from London to Los Angeles and beyond.
Students are also immediately invited to the secure, online BoxingYoga™ Learner Zone, for access to a comprehensive learning package.
The BoxingYoga™ Learner Zone, includes:
- A detailed BoxingYoga™ Teacher Training Course PDF Manual
- BoxingYoga™ Teacher Training Course Workbook for guided learning
- BoxingYoga™ Home Workout Video Download
- Learning Aids
- Recommended Reading List
All of the materials are available to the student to study before, during and after the BoxingYoga™ Teacher Training Course, in order to:
- Familiarise with the BoxingYoga™ class structure, transitions and individual postures with anatomical illustrations descriptions and modifications.
- Learn how BoxingYoga™ complements the boxer's training regime and how it provides boxers and athletes with competitive advantage, contributes to improved technique, prevents injury and enhances performance.
- Learn about BoxingYoga™ teaching methods, theory and philosophy.
- Learn how BoxingYoga™ distinguishes itself as an alternative form of yoga, and how it meets the needs of individual students with or without boxing or yoga experience.
Practical Training Days
Led by a BoxingYoga™ Head Coach, the Course includes a total 35-hours of engaging and informative on-site training, spread over 5 days, to practice, teach and discuss in partner and group sessions. Participants will:
- Master the structure, timing and function of each stage of the BoxingYoga™ class.
- Learn to cue and demonstrate physically and verbally.
- Develop the ability to teach a safe and effective BoxingYoga™ class with cautions and modifications.
- Instruct and motivate students from different backgrounds.
- Cultivate good practice, maintain patience and a positive mental attitude.
- Learn about group dynamics and the most effective teaching strategy, from managing different learning styles to providing appropriate feedback and encouragement.
- Learn the principles of building a successful BoxingYoga™ business; from freelance to franchise.
On the last day of practical training all students will be formatively assessed and be expected to complete a written examination.
Final Assessment & Certification
To receive a BoxingYoga™ Teacher Training Certificate and become qualified to teach BoxingYoga™, students must successfully deliver a BoxingYoga™ class against a set criteria.
It is recommended that within 3 months of completing the Practical Training, students book and attend a separate day for final assessment or submit a video.
Once qualified, all BoxingYoga™ Coaches are able to join the BoxingYoga™ Coaches Association for essential business, community and marketing support.
There are no formal pre-requisites to complete the BoxingYoga™ Teacher Training Course, as full training is provided. However, if possible, we do recommend:
- That you have some experience of attending or teaching yoga classes.
- That you have some boxing training experience.
- That you have a basic understanding of anatomy and physiology.
- That you have the time to practice BoxingYoga™ and review the manual and training materials prior to attending the first training day with us.
BoxingYoga™ Teacher Training is endorsed by SkillsActive and is REPs Accredited, awarding 16 CPD points if you have a Yoga Level 3 qualification.
SkillsActive officially sets the standard in Europe for skills and career development in sport and fitness. The Register of Exercise Professionals (REPs) identifies individuals in the fitness industry as qualified professionals.
We do not require you to be registered with SkillsActive or REPs, or be Yoga Level 3 qualified, to take the Course. SkillsActive endorsement and REPS Accreditation is not currently applicable to Remote Learning.
Choose the location of your BOXINGYOGA™ TEACHER TRAINING Course, here.
"Investment in BoxingYoga training will pay off quickly. In less than a year, I have seen the demand for BoxingYoga classes skyrocket in San Francisco, with teachers in strong demand. Those who have recently graduated from Yoga Garden 200-hour training and took the BoxingYoga training immediately created full teaching schedules that met their interests in teaching yoga."
David Nelson, Partner, Yoga Garden San Francisco
"I'm so thrilled about BoxingYoga™ and being a Coach. It's by far my favorite yoga sequence to teach. The response has been fantastic and it continues to be a slow, positive build."
Lance Oldham, BoxingYoga™ Coach, USA
“The BoxingYoga Teacher Training Course was incredible. The coaches are some of the most inspiring people I've ever met. Kajza, Deniz and Kikki had boundless enthusiasm for BoxingYoga which is addictive to see and made us all so determined and excited to be part of BoxingYoga. The training is intense - it's hard both physically and mentally but so incredibly rewarding. It was an amazing month and being part of all that energy and determination was great. All the course notes are exceptional - I am still flicking through the manual to remind myself of the technique and sequences - there is so much detail. And the days spent in training were so thorough; we studied the class structure, but also learnt about anatomy, how to teach, how to be safe and motivating. I'd really recommend it to anyone.”
Eleanor de Zoysa, Iyengar Teacher & BoxingYoga™ Coach, UK
“The BoxingYoga Teacher Training Course was so very well organized with professional and lovely people, and with great great support at anytime, before and after the course!! I couldn't expect anything more! There is something really special about the BoxingYoga team (and now, I am soooo grateful to be a part of it, too).”
Annika Blümel, Ski instructor, Lufthansa Air Host & BoxingYoga™ Coach, Tunisia
Introducing the BoxingYoga™ Online Teacher Training Course
The BoxingYoga™ Teacher Training Online Course is an excellent option if venue-based training isn't possible, or you prefer the convenience of studying at home with a private online tutor, wherever you are in the world.