What is BoxingYoga™
Described by Forever Sports magazine as a 'yoga regime designed for boxers that became a fitness phenomenon', BoxingYoga™ was created by an England Boxing Coach and a lifelong Yoga Teacher to improve physical strength, prevent injury and maximise performance.
BoxingYoga™ systematically strengthens and stretches the entire body
With a considered approach to exploring coordination, body awareness and correct posture alignment, BoxingYoga™ helps to drastically shorten recovery time and cultivates relaxation and muscular tension release. These are important factors in order to prevent injuries and optimise a healthy body and mind.
To maximise performance, BoxingYoga™ focuses on utilizing the whole body in a kinetic chain reaction with the power of the core and spiral dynamics of the spine. BoxingYoga™ looks at the whole pattern of movement in the musculoskeletal system and offers multi-stretching exercises in sequences, thus providing a routine for developing whole-body flexibility.
Born in a boxing club, BoxingYoga™ abandons yoga's more traditional conventions - chanting, esoteric beliefs underlying yoga philosophy and Sanskrit terminology - and focuses on a streamlined activity, directly targeting improved sporting performance.
BoxingYoga™ brings the mindset of a champion, one who learns equally from failure as from success, teaching participants to maintain focus, determination and composure in highly intense, challenging situations, just like a boxer. BoxingYoga™ pushes individuals to reach their potential whist ensuring that the exercises are safe and suitable to the needs of participants.
benefits of BoxingYoga™
- Increases whole-body power and strength through emphasising correct form and multi-strengthening exercises in sequence.
- Loosens up and counter-stretches tight muscles to help prevent repetitive use injuries, expand range of movement and flexibility.
- Teaches how to endure intense postures to improve mental strength, concentration and focus.
- Develops body awareness by concentrating on alignment, coordination and flow.
- Cultivates confidence, motivation and a positive mental attitude.
- Teaches controlled breathing necessary to improve balance, regain energy and increase stamina.
- Challenges individuals to push beyond their limits whilst simultaneously ensuring that the exercises are safe and suitable to their needs.
- Works as an effective means to reduce recovery time, stiffness and muscle soreness.
- Provides those new to boxing with an insight into the science behind the sport, its technical aspects and a challenging workout.